So it's Eid and this time I have 5 days of leave. Every year,w henever we make plans to disappear somewhere for the holidays, the moon plays truant and comes either a day earlier or later, messing with our itinerary. So this yeat, I let it be and decided to do nothing, and as if on cue the moon is sighted Monday night,which means that I have the rest of the week off.
Also, playing spoilt sport is work; I am on standby for Saturday. I just told my boss, this is like punishment for not leaving town. I really don't understand clients and their lack of planning and their assumption that people are available at their beck and call. Just because they have no life and/or a willing to change their plans at the last moment without any repurcussions, doesn't mean that all of us can and/or are willing. Their yardstick of measurement with regards to fairness changes depending on what is being judged. Good bonuses and praises all go to them along with recognition of their 'sacrifice', while our hardwork is just assumed as part of the deal of being lower on the rung.
Anyways, so my first day of the holidays, was spent shopping in the gold area. An area, I usually avoid (why on another day), but since the price of gold seemed less than last week, I decided to brave it out. So now I'm two bangles richer and a cool seven grand poorer. Plus, I also picked my sister's wedding gift, which means that before the start of the next month, I'm already relatively broke.
No comments:
Post a Comment