Friday, August 5, 2011

Foosball Mania

It took a reminder from you J for me to realise that I had not uploaded anything today. I was honestly under the impression that I did. Which now brings me to the question, what did I do today morning? err... nothing. I'm a blank, seriously. So my uploading a post was actually done yesterday. Sheesh!

Anyways, I did forget to mention that Foosball table number 3 is back in the office. This can only mean 3 things - the noise will be back, the swearing and whooping will be louder than before and the tournament will be back! Yes, the famous interoffice Foosball tournament - where we perform far better than we do on an actual football ground (who can forget the 7 - 0 drubbing we got despite having the best cheering squad). Whenever management decides to get us a foosball table (before the noise and complaints from the suits make them dismantle and/or throw out the table) we also persuade them to allow us to organise a foosball tournament. The first year we got nothing as prizes, the next year, medals and certs and this year one day of leave!

Now everyone knows in a game, there are those who are skilled and those who just don't have it. So to make the game fair (and to allow all employees to participate) the foosball heavyweights (which include Mr Perfect and my Voiceman) decided to divide people according to talent. My name fell in the second half (I was aghast at the inference of being a kaccha limboo). I protested and actually got patronised! But as they say Karma can be quite the equaliser. I drew one of the stronger players in my team Jay-Shawn! So eat that suckers!

Last year, my team mate and I called ourselves Feathertouch, since both of us were fairly new to the game and we could not hit powershots. I would like to say we had grace and style as against brute force! Hah! This year Jay-Shawn and I are Skullcandy after the fact that he loves the brand, and he is into skulls and the like, and I distribute candy around the office.



(This is last year's pic... a before match, last minute instruction session) 

PS: Did I tell you we have the chance to 'train' for a week before the tournament begins the week after that. So I'll be sweating and swearing and working hard on forcing my wrists to hit that angled shot. Wish me luck people!

1 comment:

  1. Practise the swearing more. Good luck with the tournament. I suck at foosball. Actually, I suck pretty much at any sport. And to think I work in a sports content firm! Tsk.

    ReplyDelete