Saturday, August 27, 2011

First crush

I spent my Saturday morning watching BBC's version of the Pride and Prejudice. Oh Mr. Colin Firth, you were my first crush. I loved you with all the intensity of a 16-year-old and even today I sigh every time you come on screen.

I remember watching the TV series, every Tuesday (I think) and being transported to Jane Austen's 19th century world of grandeur, eligible bacherlors, scheming mothers and elegant soirees. So, two years ago when I spotted a DVD of the series, I actually did a little jig, swooped in and picked it up and laughed like a lunatic! My colleague, who was clearly afraid of me by then, asked me politely if eveything was okay. I just grinned and went to the cash counter, plonked down 99 AED and clutched the bag to my chest. I had no peace till I reached home after work and played it.

Also, Jennifer Ehle was my perfect Elizabeth Bennett; I don't think anyone else has done justice to the character, certainly not a Ms Aishwarya Rai (hmphf!).

2 comments:

  1. I thought you were completely loyal to Pierce Brosnan. Though Mr Firth is utterly delicious too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am still loyal to Pierce Brosnan. Colin Firth was my first crush and my Mr Darcy forever! I'm suprised you remembered my Brosnan fixation though :)

    ReplyDelete