For a tournament that began with such enthusiasm only to get sidetracked by mundane things like work and deadlines and presentations, the end was sweet enough for me.
Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to announce that the winner of the 2011 office foosball tournament is Skullcandy! Cheers to Jay-shawn and me! This win was especially sweet considering all the countless times my daydreams have taken me to the dizzying heights of success, where I not only shocked people with the win but also surprised them with my skill and ruthlessness. Sigh! To all those who put me in the kacha limboo team eat dirt!
Honestly though the match was tough. Our opponents were a formidable team, the lead guy being somebody who could shoot from his goal post to the other's without touching a single player time after time. My job was to block him as much as possible and I did! I was rock-like and he even kept screaming in frustration asking me to move out of his way. It was a see-saw match, which I thought we were definitely losing. It was tense, fun and long. We could have played at least two other matches in the time it took us to win. We worked hard for every single point and in the end, the cup (okay this year there wasn't) was ours to win.
Did I tell you that we were offered a bribe to lose our semi-final match against Masala Massacre. We took the bribe in open, won and then returned their money.
Below the signature it says: Seal of chief of never pay accounts
What we've won is a day's off and a box of sweets each, which we distributed to all.
I celebrated later at La Boulanger, a quiet place by the sea, with Lebanese food of arayes, saj, mix grill platter, fatoush salad, Moroccan tea, mango-avacado juice, watermelon juice and shisha of watermelon and rose flavour.
My camera phone does not do justice to the place.



Wah wah! Congratulations and celebrations, Lo!
ReplyDeleteBut just two things caught my eye:
"Cheers to Jay-shawn and me!" - made me laugh! Now I'm wondering if the name was cooked up on purpose. :P
and...
"I was rock-like and he even kept screaming in frustration asking me to move out of his way." - out of context, it's totally indecent. *runs*
PS: You a sheesha fan? Never thought you'd be one.
Still can't imaging you winning at foosball, but congratulations anyway :)
ReplyDelete