Thursday, April 26, 2012

Did you just say that?


Taken out of context, words can be twisted to some very hilarious and icky levels.

Like I overheard this colleague instructing a supplier who installed some artwork for a client, “Front ka picture le. Full front ka chaihiye. Peeche ka bhi le lo. Bad mein kam ajayega” (Take a picture of the front, full front. And the back. We can use it later.)

Or this colleague, who is not a native speaker of English, telling someone on the phone, “Go there quickly. The girl is already waiting in the room.”

In the office pantry, I asked a colleague washing his dishes, to move aside since I wanted to pass water, and he burst out laughing at my exact use of words.

And the ickiest comment I received after my haircut goes to —“you’ve cut your hair… nice… what about the bikini?”

No comments:

Post a Comment