Witnessed in the bookstore a couple of days ago:
I was browsing the ‘Thrillers’ section at a bookstore, when I saw this woman, who seemed around 75 or 80 years old, looking for a Tom Clancy novel. Helping her find the books was another lady, who seemed like her daughter. They bumped into me and apologised for ruining my own search. Not finding the title she liked, the mother-daughter duo kept looking around. The mother spotted a title, and asked the daughter her opinion. What followed next, made me smile — the daughter suggested that she’d read out the synopsis and then they could decide. She read it aloud and the mother exclaimed, “This sounds familiar. Isn’t this like the novel we read last year?”
I wonder if a) would I live that long, b) would I still be reading that voraciously, and c) quite enviously, would I have someone who would read the synopsis out to me so lovingly and patiently (sigh!).
:) What a lovely snippet! I'll pray for these three wishes to come true for you.
ReplyDelete