Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chance and me


I gave you an opportunity
Said Chance to me
A million and more times over
But I didn’t need it then
I petulantly cried
And you always come when you’re not needed
But Chance is adamant
And doesn’t like being slighted
After all it what is its purpose
if people don’t take him on?
Every single one of them
You squandered, rejected or ignored
And you expect me to forget?
said Chance incredulously.
Ok! I admit I screwed up
I was blind, proud and lazy
But can’t you see I need you now
I sobbed terrified at being left alone.
Chance and I continued to squabble
The conversation was getting nowhere
Or so we thought
But the more we talked
The more we realized
that Chance needed me as much as I needed it.
I need assistance.
He needed validation.
I needed reassurance.
He needed utility.
So now we’ve come to this partial truce
To give each other one more break
I take the chances that he provides
and Chance makes sure that he arrives when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment