So J introduces me to the GOOD 30-Day challenge. As I'm reading through it, I wonder if I could do something similar, not exactly the kind of challenges they set, but maybe borrow from their ideas. I could definitely do the talk to a relative and send a postcard, though at a later stage.
As my first task, I step into a restaurant/cafe and ask them for their take-away menu. Believe me, this is hard for me, and what helped was I did it on an impulse. If I sit to think and analyse, I'm always doomed. I get flustered easily so calling in for anything is a task, as I assume that people will always judge me on how I speak, how confident I sound and if I even know what I'm calling in for.
The second thing I did was let someone else take the taxi before me. If I haven't grumbled enough, getting a taxi to work is hard andfighting fending off people ready to 'steal' your taxi is even harder, so the idea of me willingly letting someone else take a taxi before me, even if they got there after me is a BIG task. I did it and felt better and almost felt as if I deserved a humanitarian award gold star.
As my first task, I step into a restaurant/cafe and ask them for their take-away menu. Believe me, this is hard for me, and what helped was I did it on an impulse. If I sit to think and analyse, I'm always doomed. I get flustered easily so calling in for anything is a task, as I assume that people will always judge me on how I speak, how confident I sound and if I even know what I'm calling in for.
The second thing I did was let someone else take the taxi before me. If I haven't grumbled enough, getting a taxi to work is hard and
No comments:
Post a Comment