Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hook, Line and Sinker

This weekend I went fishing with a couple of friends. I'm not a fishing enthusiast, I don't possess any skills even remotely, and I was of the opinion that fishing would be boring and not fun at all. 

A couple of months ago, I was persuaded to join a group of friends for a 'night of fishing' as they put it. It was my initiation into all things fishing and boy how much these guys love to fish! Four hours later, with quite a decent catch, considering the tides, the wind, and equipment issues, they were still enthusiastic. I tried my hand at fishing (on an aside, what would you call it a sport, a game, a hobby, and art?) and after being warned by the guys not to get the hooks into people when casting the line (apparently it has happened before), I gave up. 

This time, we chose another venue and it was a much better fishing site. Beautiful, calm waters, a few rowing enthusiasts going through the paces, jet skis far off and the setting sun. I just cast the line once and then sat down to whoop and clap everytime they caught something decent and jeer when they didn't.





2 comments:

  1. OMG! You've lost so much weight! Is fishing part of the fitness regime now? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola...is that YOU??? Whatever you're doing is working ... and how!

    ReplyDelete