Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ek, Do, Teen


So finally yesterday, after a lifetime of promising myself, I joined a dance class.

Eschewing the popular trend in ballroom dancing, I went for a session in waltz instead of salsa. Since this was a couple’s dance session, I was partnered with my cousin’s brother-in-law to be. I have danced the waltz before so the first class was not much of a struggle, at least for me. An hour just flew by and all I have to do till the next dance class I have to learn to turn, the whisk and chasse, and as my instructor said, “don’t lead the man, let him lead you!”

My next class, by popular demand is a cha cha cha, which I would have to skip, considering it falls on the day of the week that is jinxed whenever I have plans. 

Till then, I'll be going 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3


No comments:

Post a Comment